Undergraduate Research Assistants for Scholars and Fellows of the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
The Weatherhead Scholars Program accepts applications from Harvard College students for positions as paid research assistants to the Scholars and Fellows.
Who is eligible?
Harvard sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Accepted students may spend up to five hours per week assisting a Scholar with various tasks such as conducting library and online research, summarizing and analyzing research materials, and proofreading and editing written work. The Center will, whenever possible, match the academic goals and interests of each student with those of each Fellow or Scholar.
Each Undergraduate Research Assistant will be assigned to a specific Scholar in order to facilitate his or her research by:
- alerting Fellows and Scholars to intellectual opportunities in the Harvard environment;
- finding appropriate source materials held by the Harvard College Library;
- analyzing and summarizing research materials;
- compiling bibliographies; and
- helping to proofread and edit written work.
In order to apply, please furnish the following materials:
- a brief cover letter stating your interest in participating in this program;
- a detailed resumé, including your academic accomplishments, previous research experience, and language skills;
- one letter of reference from someone who knows you well, preferably a faculty member; and
- an official Harvard College transcript.
The Center will expect students to spend up to 5 hours per week with their Scholar or Fellow. Students are paid at an hourly rate of $15.00 per hour.
Applications must be submitted by October 1. Earlier applictaions are encouraged. There will also be a second opportunity to apply at the start of the spring term. Please send your application to:
Kathleen Molony, Director
Weatherhead Scholars Program
Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
61 Kirkland Street
Cambridge , MA 02138